Quarterly meeting – 9 May 2013
The next meeting is on
Thurs 9 May
5.30pm – 7.00pm
The agenda is focussing on Neighbourhood Development Plans
There will be an update on
- Neighbourhood Planning designations
- talk about funding
- update on next rounds and
- a look at two Neighbourhood Development Plans at more advanced stages – Exeter St Davidsand Thame both of which passed at referendum on 2 May, including looking at their policiesrather than the spatial ‘site allocations’ plan.
- We will also be discussing the next steps training that would be most most helpful to groups, so it would be most useful to have representatives at this meeting from the communities that are drawing up their neighbourhood development plans in Bristol, ie Knowle West, Lockleaze, Lawrence Weston, Old Market, and Redcliffe Way.
Up Front Planning Aid/ RTPI website for Neighbourhood Development Forums.
Two more Neighbourhood Development Forums
Two more Neighbourhood Development Forums were designated on 1 May
- Old Market Quarter NDF and
- Ambition Lawrence Weston NDF
Knowle West Neighbourhood Planning Area has been designated and, up until the 26 April2013, qualifying organisations were invited to apply to be designated as the Neighbourhood Planning Forum for that area. A consultation on the application received will begin on Friday 3 May.
Sat am, 8 June 2013
Are there any suggestions for agenda items / speakers / topics please?
Planning course feedback
Planning course: 10, 17, 24 April FEEDBACK PLEASE
Notes from the planning course are on the NPN website under News.
If anyone has any feedback which will help us to shape any future events, I would be grateful to receive your comments.
Key changes to the planning regime
… including a
- neighbour consultation system for larger household extensions,
- a new arrangement allowing developers with major schemes to bypass poorly performing planning authorities and
- the opportunity to renegotiate s106 agreements
have all now become law, following Royal Assent for the Growth and Infrastructure Act 2013 read more