NPN quarterly meeting
5.30 – 7.00 pm,
Tuesday 23 October 2012
NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE
COUNCIL HOUSE, COLLEGE GREEN
- New Permitted Development proposals – Julie Seaton
- Re-negotiation of S106 agreements requiring affordable housing – Gary Collins
- Reducing planning ‘delays’ – Gary Collins/ Julie Seaton
- Update on CIL/ reasonable proportion – Zoe Willcox
Date of next meeting: January 2013
Venue: The Council House
Designation of Neighbourhood Plan Areas launch
Reminder: the meeting to launch the next round of Neighbourhood Planning Area
designations is on
at the Council House,
5.30 to 7.00pm.
This meeting is for councillors and council officers from other departments,
as well as for NPN members; please note that confirmation of attendance is required.
So far I have had confirmation from members of the following groups:
If you would like to attend this meeting please can you let me know asap, reply
Town Team campaign
Your group may be interested in the campaign to get support for retail centres in Bristol
Pre Application monitoring
The community involvement process for NPN groups is monitored by a group of volunteers who ensure that the developer can engage with the most appropriate network planning group or groups.
In order to raise the standard of community involvement, the pre app monitoring group also check the CIS, community involvement statements, submitted with the major planning applications with the network groups and write a brief summary for the case officers to make use of in their report to committee.
The quality of CI can be considered when taking the decision.
This has been reinforced by the statement in the National Planning Policy Framework
66. Applicants will be expected to work closely with those directly affected by their proposals to evolve designs that take account of the views of the community. Proposals that can demonstrate this in developing the design of the new development should be looked on more favourably.