Quarterly meeting agenda November 13th
Venue: Brunel House, St Georges Road
Date: Thursday 13 November 2014
Time: 5.30pm – 7.00pm
REMINDER: WE ONLY HAVE ROOM FOR A LIMITED NUMBER- PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU WISH TO ATTEND THIS MEETING IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO.
Welcome – Zoe Willcox
A) Neighbourhood Planning Focus
- Quick Reprise on Neighbourhood Planning; Neighbourhood Development Plans and Neighbourhood Development Orders, what they are and when they are useful – Sarah O’Driscoll
- Update on Bristol’s Neighbourhood Development Plans progress from around the groups
- Old Market
- Knowle West
- Lawrence Weston
- Update on accessing funding – Sarah O’Driscoll
- Training aspirations for 2014/2015 – discussion
- General discussion
B) Planning Division Structure Update
C) Bristol Local Plan Update.
Review of Statement of Community Involvement
BCC is reviewing its Statement of Community Involvement (SCI). The SCI sets out how BCC involves the community in producing its planning policy documents and determining planning applications.
The current version of the SCI was adopted in 2008. In order to reflect recent reforms to the planning system and the experience of community involvement since 2008, the SCI is being reviewed. BCC would welcome initial thoughts from NPN member groups on the content of the revised SCI by Friday 23rd January 2015.
These will inform a draft revised SCI which will be published for public consultation in Spring 2015.
Comments should be made to either:
- email@example.com or
- SCI Review, Strategic City Planning, Bristol City Council, 2nd Floor, Brunel House, St George’s Road, Bristol BS1 5UY
For information, the current SCI can be viewed here:
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Lawler, Planning Policy Officer, BCC firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 922 4688.